Thursday, April 22, 2004

GOOD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Had to sit in for a "conference" today on Managing Innovation...blah...blah...blah......was very pissed with our coordinator, Ms Blur Queen herself for putting me through this at the very last minute without consulting me first, if I can go or if I want to go!!........sooooo fucking pissed mann!!......she went behind my back and asked my supervisor first!......and my supervisor, (really got no idea what her intention was!!), said I could go (and again, without consulting me if I can go!!).......yes, maybe I am making such a big deal out of this but fuck lah! - what? Juz bcoz I'm holding the MOST lowest position in the dept, I'm very free is it??....and because YOU are my supervisor, you can juz say - YES! I can go because it'd be good for me?!........without asking if I AM actually free or if I AM interested to attend......AND Ms Blur Queen, being blur herself, asked me to go - Y???!!.....Is it because I've been nice to you lately coz I seemed to be assisting you all the while? Or is it you're juz toooooo fucking blur and kamchong and juz wanna send someone (and that someone juz had to be me!!!!!) to a management level course??!!!.......


I don't get it!!.....First, this is about innovation and change and some management skills course. Who am I??....I'm juz a junior level (if I can say that) in the organisation!.....though I've got my degree, but do they recognise it??.....I think my supervisor is juz trying to reassure me and maybe herself, that one day, my hard work and brains will be recognised!!..WAKE UP!....this organisation will NEVER do that!.....I'm not gonna hope coz I'm really very demotivated at this place....one of the topics being discussed earlier was on this Fair Process in management. And I think that our organisation has failed miserably!!!


3E Principles of Fair Processes
1. Engagement: bring individual affected by decision into the decision-making process, ask for their input & allow them to refute the merit of one another's ideas and assumtions. In other words, communicate!
2. Explaination: provide individuals with a clear understand for why decisions are made as they are and why individual's opinions may have been overridden. This would at least not make the individual (staff) feel redundant!
3. Expectation clarity: set the rules up front that individuals are expected to work within in executing decisions. Set expectations and then deliver what you have preached!!


MANAGEMENT TOOL -> Attitudes (Trust & Commitment) -> Behaviour (Voluntary Cooperation) -> Performance (Exceeds Expectation)


It's really true abt the above! I have to say that my organisation fails miserably in this! And I think, the management (people high above!) should be the ones attending this conference and NOT people like me!!.....Well, but wateva it is, thanks for putting me through this course coz it's not that boring afterall!...at least i get to learn something useful which I could make use of later (if I ever get a chance too, that is!!)...so guys, take this knowledge with you...juz something to share.......and to those who should go, but never did - YOU'RE FOOLS!!!!...no wonder the organisation can never succeed and change for the "better"!!...you guys can juz dream on......

No comments: