Sunday, April 11, 2004

LIFESTYLE EXPO


Met up with Yana and Juani to the Expo to go check out the pameran pengantin (wedding exhibition) there...got very frustrated and irritated by the service given by those that we went to check out with.....I dun think it'll hurt by listing the places that we went to....


1. Bridal Concept - We went there because Yana wanted to check them out for her friend. We sat and looked at their pictures...and I'm impressed with their outdoor photoshoot but NOT impressed with their indoor ones (because all the couples seemed to have the same poses, same backdrop! And they claim that they follow the couple's "concept!") AND their sales person!!...My goodness! - this lady...she keep putting down the Malay studios and keep saying that the Malay ones all use Malay costumes, they will have no size for me, blah...blah...blah....by now, both me, Juani and Yana, can yawn ourselves away I think!....And plsssss lah, she showed us the album of this really fat lady who took them and MY GOD! If the photographer had been any better, he would have NOT taken shots which showed off her very, very huge arms!..and if THEY had been any better, they would NOT have recommended her those clothes which are short-sleeved!....DUUUUH!!!!...I felt really bad for the lady, really!.....
2. RH - thought of juz checking out their price and I thought we could speak to Yaqn herself! And then, here comes along this makcik...like want to kena sepak or something! - after introducing myself and knowing that I'll only be married in 2 yrs time, she like not interested to entertain us!....Sooooo DUUUUUHH!!!.....ape nie?!!....ingatkan ape? I dun want to and can't sign now eh?!?!....kepala otak dia!!....sooooo charact, soooo action!....uggggh!!.....but we still stayed there, (on my part, juz to irritate the hell out of her and to "hog" her freakin seat!"), looked at their couple pictures and both make-up that I pointed at, are both Sophie's!...hmmmm...would really want Sophie's make-up, plsssss!!!........
3. Maria J - checked them out for fun and found out that Maria J is working with Wedding Affairs (a Chinese company at Upper Serangoon). So was offered wateva promotional price they can offer....somehow one thing led to another and another lady was called to talk to me....she offered me this $xxx price for studio and actual make-up...told her I dun need studio bcoz have paid deposit elsewhere and she offered to absorb the deposit and was very freakin aggressive!!!....I told her where I went to and she started talking (bad) abt the companies and was pretty persistent!!....can't accept!!.....Was amused however at how hard she was "selling" her package!....And she dun even let me talk to dearie first!...she said it's only valid for that day!!....
4. SACE - so far, this is the best of today's round!!...ok...have to say this! - if you've been there, they're the ones who have the dais "on top"!...hahahhaa....and they can actually do it for you if you want to!!....of course, they're pretty expensive but I was "dying" to juz have a talk to them....they've got packages (food and decor) from $15ea to $30ea.....their decor is marvelous!...very grand, very royal-kinda-feeling; with chandeliers and all!....and that Danny Hanafi guy was also "helpful" though he seemed pretty stuck up but at least he gave his opinion when I told him what I have in mind even though I didn't sign up for anyting!... :)


So guys, plssss, plssss, reccee around for stuffs that you need for your wedding and make sure that you're comfortable with that particular company!...Juani, LEARN from us, minah kawen-kawen k??...hehhehee.....and dun forget to intro me to your future sis-in-law??....from RH??...hehhehee.......And anyone who has used Double-Up before, plssss let me know MORE - u like, or u don't like and other nex details!!.....Thanks!!

No comments: