Thursday, October 20, 2005

MY STRENGTHS?
Y is it that ...
others can see my strengths more than i can see them myself?
after 4yrs here, i still cannot take compliments very well?
others seemed to have more faith in my abilities than i have for myself?

These were the questions I asked myself after the review I had with my superiors.. It was a pleasantly surprising experience.. a very motivating one at that!... wat they had to say abt me, was totally "uncalled for" - in a good way of course.. but i realised tat after 6 appraisals done over the years here, i'm still not capable to "feel good" whenever i'm being complimented!.. HAH!.. like i'll get all squirmy inside and going "awwww! stop it!... dun wanna hear.. dun wanna hear..".. and i think that i've got the most pathetic reaction of all!... i mean, ppl would def be elated and happy, rite after being praised and all?.. but i think i went blank.... u know that kinda blank look... giler ke, aku nie??..

I was told - "To be a good leader, one must put personal differences aside".. they think i'm capable to be a leader.. but to be a good one, i cannot have this personal difference with "others" read: Ms Taik.. hmmmm.... so now, the question i ask myself is - would i RATHER be a good leader and "live" in hypocrisy or would i rather NOT be one and live with my integrity?..

pondering... pondering... i do talk to this person but only on official matters.. tat's wat counts rite?... hmmm.... howell.. wateva lah... i'll think abt this when the time comes.. as long as the line is clearly drawn between me and her, tat's all tat matters... at the most, there's always the email and the paper to communicate!.. :p

No comments: