Saturday, November 13, 2004

FATHER-DAUGHTER TAG TEAM
The raya mood is ON in the house today as we completed the task of making ketupat and baking cookies and cakes...



The uncooked version... and the cooked....


The father and daughter worked real hard to do ketupat this year and we manage to get abt 80 ketupats!... YIPPEE!.... yesterday, we anyam. Today, we boiled it... can't wait to eat it tml, perhaps?.... YUMMMMYY!!!.....


THE "MISHAPS"..
Mum's fruit cake "sank" and we've decided to call it the sinking Titanic... she blamed it on the "wet fruits"....


I cut myself. And luckily, my baking sessions are over!


I've got a bump now on my scalp.. luckily it's not obvious and i'm icing it every 2 hrs, hoping that it'll go away by Sunday.


My first batch of cookies were too "baked".


BUT....
with that bump on my head, something put a smile (a wide one at tat!) on my face... coz it's looking all too cheery for Taufik!.... was soooooo pessimistic abt his chances bcoz at a time like this, they had to make them sing something in our mother language... like i wasn't sure whether Singapore is receptive towards a Malay song or not.. plus the fact that the Malays are all bz with the last minute preparations for the coming hols... PLUS the fact that Ken is on "it" again and that the judges were not oh-so clear with their comments... but Singapore, you have made me proud... at least, it goes to show that you're not so tone-deaf as I tot u'd be... (hehehe... tui bu chi).. BUT one thing's for sure.. Ken, you need to be more "sensitive".. pls speak in English when giving your comments.. though it's Asian Pop and they're singing Chinese songs, there are ppl out there who's non-Mandarin/Chinese speaking... and to have Gurmit wrongly translated the sentence don't help!...


Gurmit: (during the live results) So Ken, you said that Sylvester was better than Jay Chou yesterday?
Ken: I didn't say better. I said clearer.


SEE??!!.... like we know and it's a tad too late to know otherwise, rite?!!!

No comments: