Wednesday, March 29, 2006

FROM MISS to MRS..
7yrs of courtship. being together. being in love. being US.

Al-hamdulillah.. everything went pretty smoothly..
. prelude to our wedding - the wedding card - receive great reviews from practically everyone who receive them! Thanks Ah-Xin!!!... definitely a very well-done, customised, meaningful wedding card .
. my personalised favors got readied on time .
. my WONDERFUL, GREAT friends & their partners helped ensure everything was in order .
. my helpful caterer, Suzana from Maria Le Caterer did a fantastic job ensuring my event got run successfully as well even though she was never my wedding planner in the first place! .
. my mak andam (Yaqn-RH Bridal) did a superbly great job in dolling my face - a real extreme makeover! kekke.. and not forgetting Maslinda for being a great companion throughout as well! + great bajus!.. the bajus all turned out very beautiful on me in the end! Thank god!.. everyone tot i looked slimmer - and yes.. i do look slimmer but definitely NOT slim enough lah! .
. my dais was done up pretty tastefully - quite an unexpected turnout since i wasn't expecting much from the decor .
. Dearest's decor was really close to how we wanted it done! - a real HUGE thank you to Shidek from Anggerik Impian .
. our ever supportive immediate family members - making an effort to dress up for the dinner and turning up on both days! .
. our photographers - Taufik and Darlie from Still with Motion - for doing a fabulous job in making us feel like models wannabe!.. hahha... and also our videographer - Asha for also doing a fabulous job in capturing the "moments" thoughout the event .
. the kompang cum gamelan group - Nagaya Cimande - thank you for giving us our grande entrance at dinner and another last minute grande entrance the next day! .

However, i would also like to apologise if the dinner started pretty late - that was a slight glitch! since this is the first time we're planning a wedding, pls forgive us should there were anything not to your (the guests') liking.. Ms Quirky, pls inform Mat Slacker, his "partner" and Dr C, that I'm very disappointed they didn't stay to take a picture with us!.. hah!... ;P

As the pengantin and family were too busy to click away their camera, we do not have pictures of the whole event to show.. but I do have an exclusive coverage by one of my cuzzins, 'alia - a pretty descriptive post on how it all went. And thank god for her and Kak Yani who were there to click their cameras away and even post it up on their respective blogs, here are some pictures to show..
our wedding card (it made Dearest & his bike pretty famous in the neighbourhood)


a touching moment as i heard Daddy giving me away and Dearest, in his calm voice officiate our union and I, officially became Mrs Aduka


The kiss.. ;)


The personalised wedding favor for our dinner


emiliAduka .. 25 Mar 06


Day 2 @ Dearest's place, in our favourite colour


My dearest family members minus my brother!.. urrrgh!!!

There's also some more pictures at Kak Yani's album covering the 2 days..

Now, i can't wait to see how the real pictures and video turn out! Btw, our thank you speech in the video is in a mess!... my god!.. both of us are really not so good at spontaneous speeches!.. or more like my Malay is very the not good and i was trying to translate English to Malay in my head!... bleagh!... must think of something to do a real thank you in the video to all who have helped!..

For brides & grooms to be, i certainly do have and badly want to recommend service providers to you! Juz drop me a mail or holler in the shoutbox if you need any!... I can, with confidence, tell you - SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!.. ;) I have come to realise this - it's ok to pay a bit more so long as it saves you all the headache and heartache leading up to your big day!.. But sometimes, paying that bit more with the wrong company, can still give you that whole load of heartache!.. coz these kind of companies or i should say, service providers, forget that the word of mouth is the most potent and lethal than any other form of advertising!!

To my dearest husband, thank you for loving me and always giving me the BEST of you throughout these 7yrs.. and i do believe that this will never change as long as your love for me is still burning in your heart.. I could not ask for more.. And you can expect the same from me; for the day I gave my heart to you 7yrs ago, I've also promised to spend the rest of my life together with you.





In sickness and in health
through ugly morning looks and old, wrinkly selves
till death do us part..
we both shall be and forever will be.. emiliAduka..
I love you...

No comments: